Friday, October 12, 2012

Helpful Habits


People are always asking me how I manage to get so much done. My husband asks me how I manage to keep track of it all. The honest truth is that I don't: I don't really get all that much done, and Lord knows I don't keep track of it all. But for what it's worth, here are some habits I have that help me accomplish what I do.

1.   Don't discuss the obvious.

2.   Don't own a television.


3.   Quit a job when you're losing efficiency.


4.   Go to bed when you're tired.


5.   Eat less salt and sugar, and use less heat.


6.   Keep lists of things to do and things to buy.


7.   Then get somebody else to do as many of those things as possible.


8.   Don't drink coffee, tea, cola, or alcohol; smoke cigarettes; chew snooze; or use illegal drugs.


9.   Sing a lot.


10. Pray a lot.



[Excerpted from Chapter 1: Oddments. Illustration of some of Carla's recommended "Back-to-the-Landers' Books and Magazines copyright 1994 by Cindy Davis.]

No comments:

Post a Comment